Iola, WI – Tactical Gear Magazine has released its first innovative iPad app based on its digital publication. Published by F+W Media, Inc., the first issue is free of charge and available now for download on iTunes, the second issue will release late-May. The Tactical Gear Magazine iPad app contains all one needs to know about tactical firearms and gear for self-defense, concealed carry, law enforcement and military use, all in one engaging and interactive app. To view and download, click here.
“If you can’t conduct a life-fire test of your own, Tactical Gear Digital brings all the action to you,” said editor Kevin Michalowski. “It allows you to get up close and personal with guns, ammo and edged weapon reviews completely optimized for the iPad.”
“We’re always looking for new ways to interact with our customers, and Tactical Gear Digital gives us the chance to do that,” said Angela Harrell, public relations manager for Heckler & Koch, a leading manufacturer of small arms and light weapons, and a major advertiser in every issue.
“H&K is the leader in innovation and design, so it’s only natural we’d be on the leading edge of this exciting new form of media too,” said Harrell. “TG Digital gives us a platform to show off our new products, and I like how easy it is for our customers to get a more detailed, interactive look at our quality features. We can’t offer them that with any other medium.”
“Tactical Gear for the iPad creates a rich, immersive experience that you can’t get with any other format,” said publisher Jim Schlender. “This exciting new app lets you examine guns and gear as if you’re holding them in your hand. You can watch videos, listen to audio descriptions, read more in-depth articles or simply skim. Innovative controls allow you to rotate and pan across guns or call out more views and information with the swipe of your finger.”
Features in the premiere issue:
* SWAT commander Scott Wagner takes an in-depth look at the FN Five SeveN pistol
* Editor Kevin Michalowski shows off the ½-inch MOA capabilities of Les Baer’s Ultimate .308
* Learn about Rock River Arms’ Elite Operator, a .308 battle rifle that handles like an AR-15
* Experience the edge-holding power of SOG’s new Swedge line of knives as Kim Breed puts edge geometry to the test
* Get your hands on Steyr’s M-Series of pistols with great ergonomics and superior sights
* Take an inside look at some of the hottest new items featured at SHOT Show 2011
Tactical Gear Digital is a special project of Gun Digest and a product of F+W Media. For more information on Tactical Gear Magazine, visit www.tacticalgearmag.com
Contact: Stacie Berger, Communications Director